Saturday 3 August 2019


03.08.19
We really wanted to get this house, but it was a little out of price. We asked if they would let us pay a little less, but then they decided to sell instead. Because of that, we have looked at over thirty houses. Since the houses weren’t good enough, we needed to bump the price up a little. We looked at two Queenslanders today, and one yesterday. We also saw two houses which are nice. One was a very big house at a good price, but the problem was the landlord was lazy and didn’t clean it. Once I had saw a few cockroaches, I decided to count them. I counted 26, but Patrick counted 25(those were mainly in the garage). What was really gross was that there was a rat in the pool. The landlord doesn’t want to clean it until he has got tenants (people who will rent it) but I don’t think that he will get any tenant until he cleans it. Other than that and the palm leaves in the driveway, the house is pretty good.
We have also been looking at a few different schools. We went to two public schools- Dripstone and Nightcliff. I preferred Nightcliff. Dripstone felt too serious and too big. Nightcliff seem much happier. This might be because the Nightcliff tour was in the daytime, but the principal in Nightcliff was nicer. The principal is very important because he or she sets the atmosphere for the school. We also went to one Christian school, but we didn’t go on a tour. I thought it over carefully, thinking of the positives and negatives of going to a Christian schools and to Public schools, and I found more the positives bigger and the negatives easier to manage in Public schools than in Christian schools, so I think I would want to go to a Public school.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Abby.
    It's so good to hear from you. Sorry I haven't really managed to comment often.
    When I try and reply to you, I'm not entering your email at all; I'm just pressing 'reply', and it isn't working.
    I miss you so much. My Saturdays aren't nearly as fun or loud without you.
    Much love, from a Martian Giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, apparently I'm loud (I knew that).
    I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete