Wednesday 17 July 2019


17.07.19
When we went to the Uluru, at first I wanted to climb it, until I saw it. It looked pretty crazy.It had one fence which you could climb with, and it was pretty steep. I was glad we didn’t get to climb it. A lot of the way around ,the Uluru was surrounded by a fence but at one point, you could touch it. I was very happy that I could actually touch the Uluru. Some pieces of it were actually white chunks, and some patches were salt and pepper colour. It was “discouraged” to take pictures there, but there was no direct rule against it. We got a few photos.
It still bugs me that I don’t know how the Uluru got there. We have a few different theories.

1   1)  It is an asteroid from mars- My theory
2   2)  It is a giant termite nest- My theory
3   3) The aliens that built the pyramid accidentally splattered some material over here on their way to Egypt.- Mum’s theory
4   4) That God was using the rock in his creation to have an impact on the continent somehow- Dads theory

Only the fourth one was taken seriously. All the other ones were jokes because no one was quite sure how it appeared there. Strangely, the rangers didn’t talk about the geology of the mountain. They just talked about all the Aboriginal Mala peoples connection to the Uluru. Not that I wasn’t interested in the culture, I just did want to know about the geology as well.
It took about 3 hours to get there, and 3 hours to get back to the roadhouse.
The next day, we went from the roadhouse to Alice Springs. It is a very nice town, There is also lots of Aboriginal people who live here. Mum spotted out some graffiti that said “White man you surrounded”. Mum assumes this means that the Aboriginal people live on the outskirts all around Alice Springs. We went to this Anzac tower on this hill. It wasn’t that interesting. I was cold. That might have been the last time when I will be properly cold.
At night it was cold, but I didn’t feel it because I was all cosy in my sleeping bag and a nice blanket on top, as well as wearing a jumper and pyjamas. So I wasn’t cold.
Today, we have done a little exploring at two different museums. At the fist one there was this sculpture of a giant bird based off a giant bird skeleton. It looked like a giant dodo, and it was about three metres tall. I don’t think it actually looked like that in real life.
Also on a playground I met an Aboriginal girl named Kineko (I’m don’t know how to spell it) She was shy, but Robyn and I made friends with her. It started with a smile, and eventually she spoke to us, but then she needed to go.
The second museum was better, and there was lots of small sculptures. The was some of the sea floor, from a very very long time ago to present. The oldest one had fish that were very simple ,and had armour. There was also lots of animals there, and I saw an eagle. Eagles are very big (but no where near as big as the giant dodo)
The scientific names of some animals are funny. Ones scientific name sounded very complicated, but it was only a combination of Greek and Latin translating to “duck big duck” I thought that was pretty funny. One rat had the scientific name “ ratus ratus” Lots of the rocks were very pretty as well. We are still staying in Alice Springs. We have slowed down a little because we want to get a good fell of the Northern Territory.

6 comments:

  1. I'm really loving your updates and perspectives on your adventures. Thanks and keep them coming.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. "it started with a sile"!! awww. that's so cute! how was her English? I don't know what the aboriginal commuity is like over there, is English her first language?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much. English could be her first language. She probably knows a decent amount. At first, I thought she might not speak English, but then she did.

      Delete
    2. I understood al ot about frindships starting with a smile from a Russian kids nursery rhyme.
      "from a smile a grey day is brighter, from a smile a rainbow will awake in the sky. Share your smile, and it will return to you.
      And then maybe, the clouds will move away, and the grasshopper will play on its violin.
      From a blue (голубой) stream starts a river, like a friendship starts with a smile"
      I'm happy I still remember the words quite well.

      Delete
  3. oops i mean "smile" not sile XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying reading your blogs each day. I love the descriptive details you write. Uluru seems very fascinating. Love Baba.xx

    ReplyDelete