Sunday 14 July 2019



This trip was much smaller, about 3 and a half hours, but it was still very interesting. I discovered something new yesterday. The princes highway is so big, it has actually reaches South Australia. Sometimes the grass was green, but sometimes it went a little yellowish. I began to see a few small bushes along the way, and the dirt was getting gradually redder. We went past somewhere called Flinders Ranges, which is a mountain range. Sometimes the mountains had a rich green, but then there would be less green. I have a paintings of theses mountains in my sketchbook. When you are travelling on the road, you cant be exact with your pictures. You need to look out the window for a while, and it the landscape doesn’t change for long enough, you draw what it looks like. Make sure you have around the right thickness of trees, and height, but don’t worry too much about their position because that is always changing. My green pencils were running out. Good thing we are going through the desert. That evening, we arrived at Port Augusta. The nature around us was different, but it didn’t make me feel uneasy, it just made me more curious. I would look at all the unusual plants, and stare at the red dirt. Red dirt is the strangest thing, when you think about it, because most of the ground I have seen is brown. Or white, in the winter in Russia. We all worked together to set up the tent, then Mum was cooking dinner while Patrick, Robyn and I played cricket. Patrick was batter, Robyn was bowler and I was fielder because I was the last one to join and I’m good at running.
Once dinner was ready, we were all very happy. After dinner, I collected a few more rocks to hold down the tent pegs because it was very windy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abigail, it is good you can feel the time in with reading and drawing. Enjoy the journey. Live Baba and Grandpa. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to write love Baba and Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete